Zendesk is probably the best customer support system around. It has a lot of cool functionality particularly for larger consumer-facing businesses. One of the core parts of the Zendesk product are the Satisfaction Surveys. They have lots of great information about the types of issues customers are dealing with and the performance of the Customer Service team.
We integrate with Zendesk via their API. To get it up and running we only need to know your and API token.
To generate your API Token:
- Click the Admin icon (⚙) in the sidebar, then select Channels > API.
- Click the Settings tab, and make sure Token Access is enabled.
- Click Add new token.
- Enter a name for the token (Chattermill is a good choice), and click Create. The token is generated, and displayed for you in a pop-up window:
- Copy the token (in red), and send it to your Chattermill Account Manager or to our support team.
- Click OK, I've copied my token to return to the API page.